Cocumscussoc was a dairy farm from the time that Roger Williams had a herd in 1648. Richard Smith and his son made cheese from the great Devon cows that roamed the farm in their days. However it wasn't until the 1920's when the Foxes turned the farm into a twentieth-century dairy, that milk bottles with the name Cocumscussoc began to appear in North Kingstown. The brand was sold in the family's milk and ice cream store at the entrance to Wickford from Post Road where they also sold 5 cent soda (pop bottle in the center of photo).